We are pleased to announce the following keynote speakers, plenary discussion participants and workshop discussants for the PROVIR closing conference 19th to 21st of November 2014 “Exceptional welfare: Dilemmas in/of irregular migration”. Some of these will also participate as discussants in the workshops.
Key note speakers:
- Linda Bosniak, Distinguished Professor of Law, Rutgers School of Law–Camden (US)
- Miriam Ticktin, Associate Professor of Anthropology, The New School for Social Research and Eugene Lang College (US)
- Heide Casteñada , Associate Professor and Graduate Director, Department of Anthropology, University of South Florida (US)
Discussants and opening/closing plenary discussion:
- Bridget Anderson, Professor of Migration and Citizenship and Deputy Director of Centre on Migration, Policy and Society (COMPAS), University of Oxford (UK)
- Milena Chimienti, Professor, University of Applied Science Western Switzerland – Social Work, Haute Ecole Fribourgeoise de Travail Social (HETS) (Switzerland)
- Henriette Abbing, (Emiratus) Professor of Health Law, University of Utrecht (the Netherlands)
- Shahram Khosravi, Associate Professor of Social Anthropology, University of Stockholm (Sweden)
- Trine Lund Thomsen, Associate Professor, Center for Studies of Migration and Diversity, Aalborg University (Denmark) (To be confirmed)
- Presenters from the PROVIR-project will include Christine M Jacobsen, Karl Harald Søvig, Synnøve Bendixsen, Marry-Anne Karlsen and Andrea Sussman.
Read more about the event here:
Paper proposals (maximum 300 words) can be submitted until the 25th of April 2014. Please include a short bio with the abstract. Conference registration deadline is 1st of October. For more information about the conference or to submit a paper proposal contact Marry-Anne Karlsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.